Thursday, February 10, 2011

Now Recording.....

So... For those of you who don't know, I play the harmonica and the guitar. I've been playing guitar for a longer time, but for the past year and some months I started playing the harmonica, even bought some more harmonicas, since I used to have only one in the key of C.
I played harmonica when my ex-roommate Josh played guitar. And it is really fun. Sometimes we still get together and play some music.
Anyways, so I realized the other day that the Rockband Microphone for the Wii is just a USB Mic by Logitech... So I plugged it into my Ubuntu laptop and tested it on the Sound Recorder. Then I installed Audacity and thought of trying to record something from it.
This is what came from that recording, my little cover singing, playing guitar, and harmonica.
My cover of "Mary Jane's Last Dance" by Tom Petty

I know its no professional sound and the voice volume is a bit off. Also the harmonica at parts seems to be overblown... thats what I get for using cheap Hohner Bluesband harmonicas, which are still awesome for me, hehe.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy that song. I am thinking of recording some other songs soon. Maybe "No se estar Enamorado" by Jarabe de Palo, and some Estopa songs.

Also, my friend Lucas, who has a studio, told me he's starting a band and they could use one more guitar player, so I might go practice with them. But he has had some other projects before that didn't go through before, so I'm not getting too excited about this one.
But I will let all of you know what happens with that if it does go through.
I hope you all have a great Thursday!

El Tano

2 comments:

  1. Man I miss hanging out in your apartment with Josh and everyone playing music. Those were the days. And in HS when we'd go chill there for the weekend.

    Love to see you blogging and geeking out to Ubuntu too! I remember back in HS when I was the only one that even knew what Ubuntu was hahaha, no I can nerd out with you instead of alone.

    Btw, I'll be talking to you about an idea I've got for blogging/writing sometime soon. Great day!

    PS - check out my blog too - cjroth.com. I'm re-doing the design of it later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that like one time you came, haha. You hardly ever came by to play music! But yeah, those were good old days.

    And you know what... I knew of Ubuntu since I was in Freshman year of High School! We just didn't talk about Linux. Well, I didn't talk about Linux with anybody until my junior or senior year, but yeah, it is good to be able to talk about those things.

    That sounds good man, looking forwards to hear what it is. And I have to tell you about my software idea!

    ReplyDelete