Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Can't sleep... Two nights in a row.

I keep getting these stupid late night thoughts at 11pm or so every night. No idea why they are happening. I thought maybe the mate as usual was getting me in a thinking mood... But I'm actually trying to sleep! It's just not working.


Life overall is going better. I am actually doing a lot of things, have projects and goals in my life, and am working for them. So why do I feel like something is bothering me?


Barça jersey at Camp Nou, Barcelona.
I have had a couple more adventures since my last update. I went to Barcelona for a week in December to visit my sister. It was a great time! Really enjoyed it. Gave me lots to think about too.



The tiny road up the mountain... Yeah, it was a dirt road, with tracks.
Since Barcelona, the only other big trip I have had was to Wintergreen in Virginia to go skiing a couple weeks ago. It was crazy. Drove up on Monday morning with Carlos, and we got stuck on a tiny mountain road. He had to push, and I was trying to maneuver and not to kill us, hehe. It all worked out in the end. To think that we were in that tiny Chevrolet Aveo that I used to hate... I really love that car now! And it is MY car now. :D


Victorious picture with the car at Reeds Gap on top of the Blue Ridge.
Apart from those trips, I have been working a lot. Getting money to save for the future. Mostly for school and to be more independent. At first I was also partying a lot, but I am going to start budgeting my money now. I need to save as much money as I can. Like my grandfather used to say "Vivir vive cualquiera, la cosa es saber vivir" or "Anybody can live, but you have to know how to live (to its fullest or something like that)". He was a very wise man.


I do think that these late night thoughts are along those lines. Something about where I am going. Would the 10-year-old me be proud of who I am? Of who I am going to become?


Life is really complicated. And there's always lots of things going on. I am glad that I have written down some personal goals as to what I want to do in the next couple of years. I think we should all do that every now and then. Have those goals in mind, and know what we have to do day in and day out to accomplish those goals in the long run. Nothing is impossible, right? We can accomplish our goals if we set our minds to them.


That is exactly what I need. Maybe this blog post is not for others to read, maybe it's more of a reminder to myself. The more reminders, the easier it is to remember things, right? It's easy to overwhelm yourself. Sometimes we want to do too many things in life. And it all feels way bigger than we can handle. In reality, we just have to think of how each thing has its own time and place, and each goal we set for ourselves can be accomplished. Prioritizing helps, too.


Anyways. I want to save money. I want to go back to school and finish my ISE degree. I want to take some flight lessons to start my dream to become a pilot. I want to rely on myself. I want to earn everything I want.


One step at a time.


For now, I'll just go to sleep. Have to wake up in 5 hours to go to work. Good night world! Zaijian!

No comments:

Post a Comment