Monday, June 28, 2010

ARGENTINA 3 - 1 Mexico!!!!!! VAMOS ARGENTINA TODAVIA!!!!!

YEAH!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!
First of all, Argentina beat Mexico yesterday. Amazing game. Totally destroyed them, like in 2006. Now in a couple days we beat Germany in this big REVENGE for 2006!
Second in order of business, FELIZ CUMPLE AILÉN!!!!! My sister is now 17, I still can't believe it!
I promised her I would write the blog in English AND Spanish again, so I guess it will be another long post.
This past week the temperature here has gone up. A LOT. Today Esmee, Imke, and I went to the mall (The Alexandrium in Rotterdam), a very awesome mall, and walked a lot all around. First we went to Primaark, which is a shop with very cheap clothes. Yeah. Imagine having a JCPenney or something, but a lot cheaper, and twice as big, and with so many people that its hard to walk around. Yeah. That's Primaark. Esmee adn Imke bought a couple of things, but I didn't buy anything. Later we walked around the Alexandrium more and I bought some sandals, cuz I didn't bring any (I never thought I'd need any). After that we ate some Fries, with mayo of course, and I'm starting to forget why people in the US don't eat mayo. It's so good! Then we took the train again to Rotterdam Noord and then waited for the bus. During our wait, for some reason Esmee and Imke started talking about children, saying that Esmee's children will marry Imke's children, it was kinda weird/funny/odd. Oh, and there are times when I don't understand Imke's Dutch at all, she can speak VERY fast. There were also a lot of muslim people all around the mall, mostly at the Primaark though, and most of them were very rude and pushy. Nothing against muslims, but those were very rude.
Talking about muslims, last week one almost crashed into me and Romeo when I was driving him back from dropping off his books at school. The Turks and other foreigners from outside Europe don't seem to pay attention to the laws in the road, and this guy wasn't yielding to my right of way in the round about, since I was already in it. Nope, he just accelerated and barely missed me, thanks to my fast reaction and because I did see him. Very rude. Then, of course, he goes off in the same exit as me, and then in another roundabout where he doesn't yield, he goes very fast, and then suddenly stops like in the middle of the road. VERY WEIRD.
On Sunday afternoon Esmee and I wanted ice cream from Zoetermeer (there is a very good place there), so we drove there, but we also had to drop a couple things off at Imara's house. We got there fine, but then we were running out of time, so we just drove back to Berkel. Well, the GPS's directions get a bit confusing between the not-square blocks and the rotundas. We ended up going on the highway towards Den Haag, haha, it was pretty funny. It was really cool for me though as I got to drive in the highway now! Then we went back home and that night we had pizza, again. I tried the 4 cheese one this time, it was very good, but I think I'm getting bored of pizza every week. Maybe next time I'll cook something of myself if the other choice is pizza, haha.
On Saturday we went to Esmee's great aunt (kinda but not really, since they are not blood or politically related) and sat there with some "family" of Esmee's. I got to see more of the Rotterdam Noord area and the street where Esmee grew up. You know, that area of Rotterdam is really REALLY nice. I love how it has all the bike roads, pedestrian paths, roads, and tramways all mixed in that urban area. The transportation is amazing.
Saturday night we had a barbeque, drank some wine (Chilean, because I couldn't find any Argentinean one), then walked to the Dorp, where the Midnight Shopping thing had drawn lots of people. We ate ice cream (the tiny shop was overwhelmed, we had to wait like 15 minutes to get served!) and listened to some drums as some people went by playing them. Then Esmee saw like all the kids from her work and internship, haha, as there were a lot of families at the Dorp.
The week before was filled with me watching lots of football games, haha. I've also been calling home and friends. It sucks though cuz I still can't get a hold of Juan, something weird about calling Mexico I guess.
Tomorrow we are going to Delft during the day and then at night we are going to eat at McDonalds and then I'm going to the Twilight festival thing with Esmee, Romeo and Julia. Should be fun, I hope.

1 comment:

  1. "Now in a couple days we beat Germany in this big REVENGE for 2006!" woooooow estabamos en mi casa ese dia que perdimos contra alemania

    ReplyDelete