Saturday, June 12, 2010

ARGENTINA WINS 1-0!!!!! VAMOS LOCO!!!!!

What a day!
Today, after an exciting week of going downtown, getting an International cell phone, calling home, calling Argentina, eating ice cream, lots of more rain, watching movies, and a great day in Rotterdam, Argentina won! Now we'll have to see what happens with the US.
Anyways.
This past week it rained. A LOT. We babysat with Esmee again, and let me tell you, that house is so beautiful, its an architectural beauty, with bay windows, bar/peninsula/island breakfast place, I don't know, its just so coool! I guess thats how the rich people live. After babysitting on Thursday we stayed there a bit talking with the kids parents, mostly cuz they were asking me things about Argentina, which I can't seem to stop thinking or talking about since I got to Europe. With Esmee we watched the Goal! movie, or parts of it at least, and then after that we drove to McDonalds for some McFlurrys, and this time we didn't get lost like last time, so much better, haha.
With Esmee we also went to get some ice cream the other day and, since it was raining, we sat at a little restaurant in downtown Berkel to eat something and wait for the rain to pass. It was all pretty exciting actually, I'm sure that as it keeps raining we'll be doing that more, hahaha. I really love Berkel, with its dorp and the shops and all, its a really nice place.
Today we went to Rotterdam, it was soooo coool!!!!!
Finally took the Randstad Rail to Rotterdam instead of The Hague, and finally saw lots of people walking around!
Rotterdam is really amazing. The architecture of every building is so unique, I guess its the only good thing that happened after WWII here, since there's only 2 buildings in Rotterdam that remain since before WWII. Silly Germans with their Blitzkrieg. City Hall and a church in Rotterdam stand out completely, you realize they are not part of the special architecture the city has. I also saw the Rotterdam harbor, beautiful, with tons of boats, and the Erasmus Bridge with the Euromast there, pretty awesome.
We walked along the market, ate more Poffertjes at a special Poffertjes place, saw the Cube houses, well, we saw almost everything Rotterdam has to show in those 5/6 blocks by the harbor, haha, but its amazing. I am still amazed by the different buildings. I'll have to post some pictures of some of them.
Weird fact, in Rotterdam there is an Argentinean restaurant called Los Toros, and the owners are Surinamese/Indian or something like that. Very weird. Nobody in there even speaks Spanish or is Argentinean.
Today we also went to Jumbo Supermarket, and I found Dulce De Leche! And it was cheaper than in the US! hahaha. Too bad they didn't have Yerba Mate. I'm still craving some mate.....
Oh, and after we came back from Rotterdam, we were biking back home (against the Dutch wind, something VERY hard) and when we got in the house, Argentina scores!!!!! So awesome. I was worried about missing the goal, oh well, we made it just in time.
Tonight Esmee is babysitting and I'll watch the US game I guess. Tomorrow night we are going to go to watch The Prince of Persia with Ramon, Rico and Romeo while Ingrid and Esmee go watch Sex and the City 2. I think it'll be pretty fun.
Tuesday Esmee has like a free day, so I think we'll go to a big mall in Rotterdam probably, or else do something in Zoetermeer. So my next couple days are definitely going to be fun.
I'll update again later.
Tot straks!
Doei!
Chau!
VAMOS ARGENTINA!

El Tano.

1 comment:

  1. CHE QUE MAL ESTO DEL MATE EH!
    SE TIENE QUE SOLUCIONAR, Y PRONTO!

    ReplyDelete