Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dinsdag 8 Juni, Tuesday June 8, Martes 8 de Junio.

So, yesterday was my mom's birthday.
FELIZ CUMPLE MA!!!!!!!!!! GEFELICITEERD MET JE VERJAARDAG!!!!!
I called her at like midnight, I was very tired, but at least I got to wish her a happy birthday.
Now about my last week or so.
The past couple of days have been very Dutch, if that is an adjective.
It is very sunny, 25 C weather, and then, faster than you could say "stroopwaffel", the day becomes dark grey, it starts raining (or hailing) a lot, and you feel like the country is sinking again (I'm joking, since The Netherlands has these GIGANTIC dams at the ocean to keep the water away from the low country, haha). The opposite is also true. It feels like 17 C, it rains a lot, the day looks like it will be disgusting, and suddenly the sun comes out for 15 minutes and the weather goes up a lot. Oh, and by the way, those 2 cycles happen like every 30 minutes. At least you know that the weather has one of 2 choices, sun or rain. Right now, its raining. For now.
Esmee was a bit sick the last weekend and a couple days(not if you ask her, but if you ask me she was), and it was raining a lot more last week and this week. Last saturday was like the first really nice weekend of summer here, so the entire country met out at the Scheveningen beach by The Hague. Esmee and I didn't go because there were too many people, a lot of police because of some incidents from last year, and she was sick. That night there was also a Bon Jovi concert at the beach, tickets at 55 euros and up.
I've been trying to figure out this thing of the work permit lately, so hopefully I can get that set up to start working asap, that would be nice. Esmee and I are also trying to figure out what we're going to do during the month of July, and I know she wants to go to Paris, so at least there we shall go I think.
Today I went grocery shopping with Rico, and we bought some milk, which cost 99 euro cents for 2 liters of milk. I guess its a bit more expensive than home, but it didn't seem like too much.
Something awesome that I've been meaning to say here is that there are tons of people here who have cars running on natural gas (GNC), which is something I hadn't really paid attention too since I was last in Argentina. It's much better to have a gas car, because the benzene (oil, nafta, gas, however you want to call it) is pretty expensive, but you can fill up a tank of gas for a medium sized car like a Citroen Xsara in like 20 euros, much better than filling up liters of benzene at 1.29 euros/liter.
Esmee is working right now, she had a test today which she was studying for a bit yesterday and earlier this morning. I don't really think we have many more plans for this week, I guess I'll see when I can go to The Hague to get my BSN or equivalent. I also want to go to the Plus supermarket. When you buy anything there, they give you a bracelet with the flag of some country for the World Cup. They are randomly picked, so hopefully I won't have to go too many different times before I get an Argentina one and a Italy one, haha. Another supermarket I've been meaning to go to is Jumbo. I've heard from a couple argentinean people online that they have found dulce de leche and yerba mate there, so hopefully they have it! Or else my other options are: finding a lebanese/syrian shop which might sell mate, go to Tango Restaurant in Amsterdam and buy mate there, or maybe order it online (something I don't want to do because there is one vendor online in the Netherlands which sells mate at like 8 euros the kilo). Maybe I get a care package from a friend? (ehem ehem.... Alan.... Carlos.... Chino... whoever else reads this.... I NEED YERBA MATE)
Anyways. I'll update this weekend, hopefully after drinking some mate. I haven't had any in like 4 weeks.... I'm feeling some withdrawal :-P not really, but I'd like to drink some mate.
Tot praten!
Doei!


Primero de todo, ayer fue el cumple de mi mamá. Asique...
FELIZ CUMPLE MÁ!!!!! TE QUIERO MUCHO Y ESPERO QUE HAYAS PASADO UN DÍA EXCELENTE!
Bueno, ya la llamé anoche a las 24 hs, y ahora le deseo de nuevo, jeje.
Ahora les cuento de esta semana pasada.
El clima se ha comportado de una manera muy Holandesa, si lo puedo describir así. De un segundo al otro, puede ser el día más lindo del mundo y pasar a ser un día gris, lluvioso, mojado, y hasta la temperatura baja bastante. Lo peor de eso, es que el ciclo se repite como cada media hora. El clima aca es muy loco, pero al menos uno sabe que una de dos cosas van a pasar, o va a llover, o va a salir el sol.
El fin de semana pasado Esmee estuvo un poco enfermucha (no si le preguntan a ella, pero yo creo que si) y creo que el mal clima de los últimos 6 días no la ayudaron. Por suerte el sábado pasado hubo lindo clima, y fue impresionante, todo el país estaba en la playa de Scheveningen, al lado de La Haya, había un concierto de Bon Jovi, y era un bolonqui de gente. Nosotros no fuimos, pero se veía en la tele que había muchísima seguridad, más que nada porque el año pasado hubo unos disturbios con alguna gente que tomó demasiado.
Estos días tambien estoy viendo de trabajar aca, pero tengo que ir con Ramón a la oficina de Impuestos y Aduana para ver eso del permiso. Con suerte puedo hacerlo lo más pronto posible para poder empezar a trabajar. También con Esmee estamos viendo de arreglar nuestros planes para Julio. Ella quiere ir a Paris, asique se que para allá iremos, pero después más que eso, o las fechas, no sabemos.
Algo que quería comentar aca es que en Holanda tienen autos a gas natural, como en Argentina. Me impresionó un poco, pero creo que era más que nada porque en los EEUU no tienen autos a gas. Es muchísimo mejor, y más barato también. El tanque lleno de un Citroen Xsara costaba como 20 euros.
Ahora mismo Esmee está trabajando, regresa en un poco más de una hora. Hoy tuvo una prueba y dice que le pareció que le fue bien.
Algo que quiero hacer estos días es ir al supermercado Plus, donde después de cada compra le dan a uno una pulserita mas o menos, que tiene los colores de algún país en el Mundial. Espero no tener que ir muchas veces antes de conseguir una de Argentina y una de Italia, jejeje. Otro lugar donde tengo que ir es al supermercado Jumbo, donde parece que a veces tienen Yerba Mate y Dulce De Leche. Si no hay ahí, tengo que buscar un almacén syrio o libanés, o si no iré al Restaurant Tango en Amsterdam, porque la verdad es que no quiero comprar mate en el Internet. Hay un sitio en el que lo venden por 8 euros el kilo, CARÍSIMO.
Lo mejor sería que algún buen amigo mío me mande algo de Mate (*ehem ehem.... Alan.... Chino... Carlos.... si leen esto..... NECESITO YERBA MATE)
Ya hace 4 semanas que no tomo mate. Es demasiado.
Pondré un nuevo post este fin de semana me imagino, con suerte despues de tomar unos mates.
Suerte!
Nos vemos!
Doei Doei!
Chau!

El Tano.

1 comment:

  1. jaja...Che bueno loco!!

    Sino encontras yerba...en ningun lugar...

    Mandame una direccion asi te mando yo...
    No podes estar sin yerba....Es una
    injusticia e insulto total!

    ReplyDelete